|This New Year of Creactivist's Voice is dedicated to...
||[Jan. 10th, 2007|02:55 pm]
Creactivists' Voice: The Beginning
and POSITIVE CONFRONTATION
As regards to education, in addition to my intention to enroll in college, I have been requesting and receiving books on various topics related to disability and disability policy through interlibrary loan.
The list is below the lj cut. I wonder if anyone has ever read any of these, has any comments on books they have read, or would like to know some titles of books on topics about disability not covered here. Any Comments?
Those I have read are as follows:
1. Disability at the dawn of the 21st century : and the state of the states / edited by David Braddock . Washington, D.C. : American Association on Mental Retardation, 2002.
2. The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) : overview, regulations, and interpretations / Nancy Lee Jones.
3.Accommodations in higher education under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) : a no-nonsense guide for clinicians, educators, administrators, and lawyers / edited by Michael Gordon, Shelby Keiser ; foreword by Alta Lapoint.
DeWitt, N.Y. : GSI Publications ; New York : Guilford Press, c1998.
4. Comeback : six remarkable people who triumphed over disability / Frank Bowe ; foreword by William Glasser.by Bowe, Frank. New York : Harper & Row, c1981.
5. A survey of family support needs in New Hampshire / by Susan Covert ; with contributions from Jan Nisbet, Dale DiLeo, and Marsha Clark. by Covert, Susan
[Durham, N.H.] : The Institute on Disability, University of New Hampshire, 1988.
The one I am currently reading is:
6. Disability and work : incentives, rights, and opportunities / Carolyn L. Weaver, editor.
Washington, D.C. : AEI Press ; Lanham, MD : Distributed by University Press of America, 1991.
I also have this one which the library refused to lend for me, but thankfully I got for Christmas:
7. The disability rights movement : from charity to confrontation / Doris Zames Fleischer and Frieda Zames. refused to lemd out notified: abt Sept 26th
by Fleischer, Doris Zames.
Philadelphia : Temple University Press, 2001.